Monday, August 15, 2011

BINGO! and Home upgrades :)

Last Monday Justin and I went to BINGO for the first time with a couple friends.... we are now addicts! It is so much fun and super cheap entertainment! We ended up going Friday and Saturday too... we are also going tonight! The plan is to start a Monday BINGO team. We haven't won anything yet... but it's still totally fun!


This weekend I was able to get a few things done around the house that I had been seriously putting off! For instance my craft room has looked like a war zone for at least a month now, not anymore! Woo hoo! Now maybe I will actually use it :) A few posts back I had mentioned that my mom helped me figure out how I can make the side of my cupboard a chalkboard without ruining the cupboard... so what I did was bought a roll of contact paper at Walmart for $4, cut a piece to fit my cupboard, painted it with chalkboard paint (I had to paint a coat let it dry completely, then paint another coat), Stuck it up on my cupboard, added vinyl, and TA-DA! My very own chalkboard menu! I totally love it and love my momma for helping me with the idea :)

I also got around to hanging these adorable teal shelves I bought at Target a couple weeks ago. I was able to almost fill them with things I had been hoarding! This process also renewed my love for spray paint. The bottles on the top shelf are old Orange Crush bottles I took out of our recycling, the little candle holder in the middle shelf used to be hot pink, and the little drawer thing is something my sister Britny gave me a million years ago. Took a can of gray Valspar spray paint to them and they are like a brand new item :)

No comments:

Post a Comment