Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Camping




(Victoria and I playing games)



This past weekend I went camping with my family and friend Brittney. I asked myself many times during the weekend "What is so appealing about sleeping in a tent, on an air mattress that KILLS my back, not being able to shower, and being completely sleep deprived for 2days?" but then I realized, it's the memories. We still talk about our camping trips from years past. So besides the fact that you get to eat junk food and no one judges you, play tons of games, be loud and totally dorky, S'mores (enough said) , hiking,.... these are times we will remember forever.


As soon as we got on the campground it started raining. And then it rained all night. But Saturday was B-E-A-UTIFUL! All of the "kids" went for a hike at Robber's Roost, it is a short hike but challenging at the same time. Once we reached the top we got to watch a couple rock climbers do their thing! We were all amazed... and a little scared for their safety! Back at the campsite we played games, went for another walk, ate a delicious meal, cooked more S'mores, then sat up all night talking and laughing! It was a GREAT escape!


I was so happy to have my friend Brittney there with me. The hubs knee is a little broken right now so camping was not something he could do. My back up plan was Britt and I am SO glad she came. We have only known each other for a few months but I seriously feel like we have been friends forever. We are like the same person and our hubbys get a long so well! She is crafty, funny, caring, smart, beautiful... It's like describing myself! (just kidding! toot toot!) I am so grateful to call her my friend!


It was a great weekend but I am so glad to be home with my amazing husband. Its amazing how someone can become your comfort. Justin is my comfort zone, he has my heart forver and it is a little broken when we are apart. Sunday we just relaxed, we watched tv and played games, and did alot of cuddling;)





(The group at the top of Robber's Roost trail)








1 comment:

  1. umm you are amazing love! I know its funny, it hasn't been that long, but I have more trust in you then I do friends I have known forever. your an amazing person, and I know I can come to you with anything, and you would never judge me, and thats an amazing feeling to have in a friend!

    ReplyDelete