Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Framing a bathroom mirror

My most recent home project was framing our downstairs bathroom mirror. This was a super easy and cost effective way to spruce up our little bathroom and get rid of the BORING contractor style mirror. In total the project cost me $21 and I have tons of extra tiles I plan on using for another project!
So here is what I did.... Went to Lowes and bought a pack of tile like this:

and a tube of adhesive. Make sure you get something that says it works with ceramic tile. Then I took all the tiles off the backing and separated them into piles, decided on the pattern I wanted, and started gluing. When I reached the point where the tiles were going across the top of the mirror I used painters tape to hold them in place. Like this:


Make sure you let the tiles set overnight! Trying to see if they are dry sooner than that will only result in wiggling the tile loose, some cursing, and a little more gluing. After the tiles were completely set I took off the painters tape, cleaned the mirror, and took a step back to admire my handy work. I am totally in love with how it turned out!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That looks sooo good. I love it! Ummm I totally need to come see your cute house

    ReplyDelete