Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tipful Thursday




My tip for this week is not a beauty tip, home improvement tip, or cleaning tip. I want to focus on the relationships we all have with our family.


Last night Victoria (the baby sister) and I went to Alexis' (the middle sister) graduation from the public speaking course she has been taking. We got there a few minutes late which resulted in us not sitting near eachother. The instructor had Alexis stand up and introduce her guests and say something nice about us. Alexis said " I love that you are my best friends and you are cute." It made me feel very special and I am sure Victoria did as well. So as it started and I realized it was going to be long and possibly slighty boring I texted Victoria "Why do we have to be such supportive sisters?" she responded "Good question".


After the class was over we went to Bj's for dinner. We talked and laughed and then laughed some more (I thought I was blind. haha) . When I got home I was telling the hubs about our night and how much fun I had. I realized that I am so blessed to have such a strong relationship with my baby sisters. Now I realize most siblings are close but I would bet almost no one has the bond that the three of us have. I know that if I ever need anything I can turn to them and they will do everything in their power to help me, I pray that they feel the same way about me. And that answered my question from above, we are supportive because we love eachother. It wasn't something super important that Alexis did, but it was important to her, which made it important to Victoria and I.

They are more than just my sisters, they are my best frineds, my support system, my favorite childhood memories, my safe place. "As long as I'm living..."

So my tip would be... nurture the relationship you have with your family. Not just your siblings, but your moms, dads, granparents, aunt, uncles, cousins, everyone. These are the people you turn to when your world is upside down or when you just need a good laugh. So call up someone in your family and go hang out together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment