Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tipful Thursday...

My tip for this week is a REALLY good one :) I have been wanting to paint stripes in my hallway for a while now, but was putting it off because they are such a HUGE pain!! Then I thought to myself..."Self, why don't you post on FB if anyone knows how to do it?" So I did and guess what?!?! Someone did! Well actually two someones.

So here is what you do:


  • Tape off the wall (I suggest the green Frog tape, it is cheaper than the blue painters tape but works much better. In my opinion!)

  • Paint a thin layer of the original wall color on the edge of the tape. This will create a seal so the new color won't leak through.


  • Let that dry completely. Then paint your new color. Let dry completely!!!


  • When you peel the tape off make sure you peel it down (like into the painted stripe). I only had 2 very small places to touch up!

Seriously the easiest thing I have ever done! Too bad I didn't know this little trick when I painted my laundry room! I will post pictures as soon as I get everything back up on my wall :)


Thanks for stopping by! Much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment